Thursday 14 February 2013

Monster Bobby By The Sea!



Hot on the heels of last year's roller coaster tour of the Lac Léman shores, this year I shall be embarking on a brief musical tour of English seaside resorts in Kent and Sussex.

My journey begins in Brighton, at the Horse and Groom, on Islingword Road, where I shall be supporting The Bobby McGees and Tor. The concert starts at eight in the evening on Thursday the twenty-eighth of February and entrance is free of charge.

Next stop, Ramsgate, where I shall be ensconced in the loving arms of the Caboose Cafe on Queen Street where visitors can enjoy a wide selection of warm food and cold drinks. Or, for that matter, cold food and warm drinks. Entrance to this one will be £5 and it will commence at half past seven on the evening of Friday, March the first.

Our final stop will take us up the coast to Margate, to the delightful Tom Thumb Theatre on the Eastern Esplanade. This last concert of my coastal tour will take place on Saturday, the second of March, from half past seven. Entrance will be charged at five pounds. There will, I am assured, be an as-yet-unannounced support act.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of your company on at least one of these occasions.

The following selections are not entirely unrepresentative of the sort of mid-century balladry crossed with post-millenarian dancing music that I shall be performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment